Re-capture the classic user-friendly Windows experience.
What is Classic Shell?
For those of you who didn’t like losing your Start button in Windows 8, Classic Shell provides a customizable set of features that allows users to bring back the classic Windows experience.
Most notable of these features is the upgraded start menu button. While many loved the intuitive start button from Windows XP, it has been replaced by the Windows 8 Start Menu. With Classic Shell, you can undo the Start button change and get your Start button back.
Classic Shell Features:
- Choose from a variety of classic Windows features, including Classic Start Menu, Classic Explorer, and Classic IE9.
- Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, and more
- Replace your user interface & dialog boxes with easy-to-understand options.
- Always know your file sizes & free disk space with a status bar.
- Get back Windows shortcuts, like Alt+Enter in the navigation pane, or the “Up” button.
- Add back a Windows Explorer Toolbar to open & delete files.
About Classic Shell
Classic Shell is open-source software made freely available for personal use. Source code and license information can be found at the SourceForge.net Classic Shell page.
A Must Have!
“A must-have for anyone who has become aggravated by Microsoft’s relentless efforts to steer users away from the clarity of the file management concept that made the initial success of Windows.”
Reviewed by Eric Fong
Rating: 5 Stars
Classic Shell works on Windows Vista/ 7/ 8/ Server 2008/ Server 2002 R2/ Server 2012.